cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load XML failed when backup contains UNIX system

Philix_Support
Level 3
I get a "Load XML failed" error in the job log now that I am backing up a UNIX server. I never had the error before that.

I did some research in the knowledge base and saw that patching to the latest SP should fix the same problem when the backup contains a NetWare server. I installed SP4a hoping it would fix for a UNIX server but no such luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
8 REPLIES 8

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

To resolve this issue verify that latest Service Pack for Microsoft XML has been applied to the system.

Refer the following MS Articles to obtain the latest service pack for XML:

How to obtain the latest Microsoft XML 4.0 service pack

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;818409

How To Upgrade the Microsoft XML Parser

<>

Reboot the Server after installing this Service Pack.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Philix_Support
Level 3
I should have said that I already went though that particular support document before I sent in my question. I have tried installed MSXML 4.0 SP2 and tested. The same problem happens. Afterwards, I even tried to install MSXML 6.0 and 3.0 just in case and that didn't fix the problem.

Are there any other suggestions or am I basically stuck with these failed job logs?

Thanks!

Philix_Support
Level 3
Please review this thread. Do you have any other suggestions I can try?

Thanks.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Please perform a repair database.

Open BEUTILITY.EXE from \program files\veritas\backup exec\NT.

Select All media server by right clicking, add the media server and select repair database from the task pane on the left.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Philix_Support
Level 3
I tried that as well. It found some errors and fixed. I ran the repair again and the errors were gone hoping it would fix the job log.

Bad news though because it did not go away. Any other suggestions?

I appreciate the help!
Thanks,
Hop

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Have you referred to the following technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254079

Please revert if the issue persists.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Philix_Support
Level 3
Yes I already went through that documentation. Thanks anyway.

Good news though! The job log finally works. I actually tried Repairing the database AND Rebuilding the indices.

Afterwards, it looks good!

Thanks for all the help!

Hop

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Thanks for the update, this post will be archived.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.