cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Media

Camilo_Pinilla
Level 2
I have a Daily Job that runs and in the last minute eject media....and says job status loading media...I push back media and ejects again. Then if i put a different tape keeps working on the job.

any ideas?

ovewrite protection is NONE.
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You have probably filled the tape

Is there an alert to "Insert Overwritable Media"

Camilo_Pinilla_
Level 2
Yes what should I do?

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Since the backup that you are taking is spanning on the second tape, you need to insert another media into the tape drive, so that the backup completes.

If you will not enter another media then it will always prompt to insert an overwritable media.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Camilo_Pinilla
Level 2
Yes you were correct. The Job is bigger that what the tape can hold.

Is there anyway to compress info in the Job? I believe I set in general | compression to NONE bc they were 2 others choices software and harware and i did not what to choose.

Any ideas/suggestions

Thx,

C.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You can choose either HW or software. The compression ratios are not exactly tha same, but will be close.

If you use SW, you will need a Veritas install to restore. If you select HW, you can use just about any software to restore, including NTBackup, but will need a tape drive with compatible firmware .