cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local account with BackUp Exec 10

Joe_Morrison_2
Level 2
I have a user that has been backing up under a local computer account. Recently his login does not work anymore. I got the error "Failed to initialize database - Configure user failed." I reinstalled the agent on his machine. This got rid of the message but now it just hangs after he logs in. There is no icon in the taskbar. It just goes away.
4 REPLIES 4

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- Which resources are you backing up?
- Are they local or remote?
- What permissions does this user have?
- Which agent are you using?
- Are there related event IDs?

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Joe_Morrison
Level 3
1. Local files on 1 users machine
2. Local
3. Everything but modify schedule
4. 1.0.0
5. No event IDs

Joe_Morrison
Level 3
If any of this is wrong or if I need to elaborate please let me know.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- What is teh version of the OS?
- Please try the following steps and verify the results.
1. Create a new user with ONLY domain admin rights
2. Create a new profile

Do update us on the results.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.