cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Backup very slow.

Agust
Level 5

Hi,

I have a Lotus backup that has worked well untill recently when some changes were made. Originally the job took 595GB of data at 800-1200 MB/min then we were adding DAOS to the system and after that the mail backup gets up to the speed of 75 MB/min and then the job will take way too long a time to finish within the time window.

In order to remedy this I have followed the instructions on this page:https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/selecting-backup-items-when-browsing-lotus-domino-dat... 
and I have done the stuff mentioned on this page:http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH61658
but to no avail.

So in short I have done the regedit trick revelant to lotus and the uninstall and install of remote agent with reboots to the lotus server.

the Lotus server is Lotus 8 running on win2008r2 and the backup exec server is 12.5 running on win2008r2.

Now it is your turn to whip up some Backup Exec magic.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

@agust - I believe you are running Domino 8.5 or above which is not supported by BE 12.5.  BE 12.5 only support up to Domino 8.0.2.  To support Domino 8.5 you would need to upgrade to Be 2010.  To support Domino 8.5.2, you would need BE 2010 R2.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Agust
Level 5

LOTUS02.DAOS.Full -- The job failed with the following error: A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata.

So now I was trying to back up just normal file level stuff (the DAOS folder) and I get this error.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

What Service pack is installed for BE12.5? Also Win 2008R2 as a media server is not compatible

with BE12.5. To fix the writer metadata error install SP4 for BE and update the remote agent on

the Win 2008R2 server.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you update your Backup Exec 12.5 server with all available Service Packs and Hotfixes ?

As I remember correctly Windows 2008R2 is supported with the last available SP.

Also make sure that after updating your Backup Exec Media server, push the agent again to the remote Windows 2008R2 server.

Agust
Level 5

Hi Everyone,

if you have any hints I do appreciate them but I just started a file level copy of 25GB and it looks like it will take 3 hours 6MB/sec (=360MB/min) so I suspect it being a network issue.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Is your server connnected to a 100Mb hub/switch or gigabit ?

Agust
Level 5

Hi I just wanted to say that I have found one of the drives is running at 100% and it is probably not a Backup Exec issue so you can rest your heads.

Im having a Lotus expert over to check the issue out.

Best regards,
Agust.

Agust
Level 5

Thank you for your reply. With a valid and classic observation but the settings were correct both on the switch and the network card. Both are at Gigabit.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Do install SP4 for BE and also update the remote agent on Win 2008R2 to get rid of Writer Metadata error. 

Agust
Level 5

I think this is all to do with the disk stuff dfs or lotus fixing errors in database files. The disk is at 100% utilisation at all times.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Check if you have an antivirus program running that scans too much.

Normally you have to exclude the Lotus Notes files from scanning.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

@agust - I believe you are running Domino 8.5 or above which is not supported by BE 12.5.  BE 12.5 only support up to Domino 8.0.2.  To support Domino 8.5 you would need to upgrade to Be 2010.  To support Domino 8.5.2, you would need BE 2010 R2.

Agust
Level 5

I will try that out and keep you posted.