cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low transfer rate bkp job

Tfaraj
Level 4

Hello,

We are experiencing a low transfer rate while backing up windows Vm machines using backup exec agent. The job rate is 580Mb/min while it is 4000Mb/min in case of ndmp netapp protocol. 
What could be the reason of the this behavior?

We are using backup exec 2010 r3 on windows server 2008 R2 64 bit.

Please help.

Tarek

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

What are you backing up too? Tape or disk? Are you using a normal RAWS agent backup or backing up the VMs using SAN Transport Mode for instance?

Thanks!

Tfaraj
Level 4

Basically, we are backing up to tape LTO 5, and we have the BE remote agent installed on all virtual machine, therefore BE uses the remote agent to pull the files/files system from windows machine I dont know if we call this raws agent backup.
In addition to that, under vmware section in the backup job the SAN transport Mode is selected.

Thanks,

Tfaraj
Level 4

Basically, we are backing up to tape LTO 5, and we have the BE remote agent installed on all virtual machine, therefore BE uses the remote agent to pull the files/files system from windows machine I dont know if we call this raws agent backup.
In addition to that, under vmware section in the backup job the SAN transport Mode is selected.

Thanks,

Tfaraj
Level 4

Please can anyone help in this regard.

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Tfaraj,

Please try to read below link (Improving and troubleshooting Backup Exec performance)

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH49521

This might help you solve the problem.

Tfaraj
Level 4

thank you Adonis.

But I noticed the the slow rate is occuring while backing up  windows state, how can we solve this issue?

Regards,

Tarek Faraj

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I know there was an issue backing up Windows Server 2008 R2's System State. Do you have this issue if you backup any other OS's you may have?

Thanks!

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Tfaraj,

Are you talking about backup of Windows 2008 System State?

If yes, the problem "slow backup of Windows System State" is a known issue of previous version (Backup Exec 2010 R2). This issue had been resolve with the release of BE2010 R3. Please review link below

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH76051

Tfaraj
Level 4

I already have BE 2010 R3 and the problem still persist.

Any suggestions.

Regards,