cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Agent problem

sjbauer
Level 3
Installed Mac Agent 11d on a MAC, but cannot see the Mac on my backup server which is running Windows 2003 Server.  I ran Bediags and the Mac is listed as being seen by the server.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Message Edited by sjbauer on 08-07-200711:36 AM

4 REPLIES 4

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Can you verify that there is no firewall between the twp machines, including a software firewall?  If there is make sure that ports 6101 and 10000 are open in both directions.  Most times when we run into this issue is because the advertisement is not getting through. 

If you want to verify the remote agent is running on the Mac server follow these steps.

1. open a command prompt on the media server
2. type in telnet macservername 10000
3. you should get a bunch of funny characters if the connection works.

You can do this test in both directions to make sure that both servers can communicate with each other.

Regards,

sjbauer
Level 3
I can telnet to port 10000 in both directions. I can only telnet to port 6101 from the Mac to the veritas Server. The Backup Server doesn't display any Macintosh Systems. Do you have another suggestions. Thank you for your help.

Message Edited by sjbauer on 08-08-200706:54 AM

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Sounds like the advertisement the Mac server is sending is not getting to the Backup Exec server. 

Did you configure the agent to adveritise to the media server by name or by IP?  I would suggest running through the Agent Config again and verifiying that the media server is correct and also have it use the IP of the media server instead of the name.

sjbauer
Level 3
I uninstalled the agent and reinstalled it using the IP address of the media server and it's still not showing up.