cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Uninstall Version 10

martin_cotter
Not applicable
Does anyone know the correct steps for manually uninstalling version 10.I have tried to uninstall repair etc and getting no joy whatsoever.

thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Uninstalling Backup Exec manually is complex process. Please contact our Voice support for further assistance on this.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Lance_Watanabe
Not applicable
> Hello,
>
> Uninstalling Backup Exec manually is complex process.
> Please contact our Voice support for further
> assistance on this.

Don't mean to thread-jack, but is there any other way to manually uninstall other than calling voice support? I called and they said I wouldn't be able to open a ticket since I didn't have a service contract. They transferred me to the sales department, and they are closed. My initial installation prematurely failed, and I wanted to uninstall/reinstall. Didn't think it would be all that difficult.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please try the following steps:

To manually uninstall Backup Exec follow the instructions given below:

1. Download the Microsoft Installer (MSI) Cleanup utility, and install it on the system in question.

The MSI Installer Cleanup utility can be currently obtained from the Microsoft Web site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301 .

2. After the application is installed, run it from Start | Programs | Windows Install Clean Up

3. Select VERITAS Update and VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers, and then click Remove (Figure 1)

4. Click Exit to end the clean up process

Verify whether you have been able to uninstall Backup Exec.

Please update us on the results.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.