cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media/Drive Offline

Martin_Raz
Level 2
Greetings,
Currently running BE 9.1 and the drive/media indicates it is offline. I have attempted to move the media location from offline to online, but it will not let me. If I look at all drives, it says it is on-line, but if I look at the stand-alone drive, it indicates off-line. I only have one drive attached. I am using an Exabyte Autoloader, but just placed it into service and have one cartridge inside. Any help would be appreciated, since I need to restore some data off of the tape which indicates off-line.
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Firstly check if the autoloader is well detected by Windows properly. To verify click on My Computers - Manage - Device Manager - autoloader will be under Tape drives. If it is showing Offline then please make sure that its online because unless its well detected by Windows, Backup Exec will not recognize it.

Secondly, ensure that the latest Veritas drivers are installed. If not then please refer to the following link:

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 - Device Driver Installer (20050115) - Includes Tape Driver Release (20041231) and Robotic Library Release (45) (Intel Only)
http://support.veritas.com/docs/273853

If the problem is not resolved then please revert with the updates.

Josephine_Wong
Not applicable
I am having similar issues. BE 9.1 is running on Win2k3, Standard Ed, SP1. I've verified that the Exabyte VXA-2 drive is detected by the OS under devmgmt.msc. The Exabyte drive's driver version is 5.0.1.1.

When I run backup jobs that write to the Exabyte Autoloader, the job status stays as “queued" indefinitely. A couple of days ago, I received a device error that says:
The drive hardware is offline!
Please confirm that the drive hardware is powered on and properly cabled.

What can I do to get the tape drive back online?

Thanks much,
Josephine