cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Set Association

albertgernade
Level 3

Aloha!

I dont know where to start. :) My problem starts with having an error with a prompt that says 'e00084c7 - A read/write error '. I send a tape to a Cleaning Media Set, hoping that my previous error will be address but it turns out the opposite. I cant associate back the tape to its original Media Set. Also the scheduled jobs cant run on the tape which i send to Cleaning Media Set. Every time I set the tape back to its oritginal Media Set I am promted wit an error that says 'Invalid Physical Volume Library Arguement'. I need to set back the tape to its original media set and how can i address the error e00084c7?

Hope someone can help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

First move the media to the retired media set then delete it from the set, peform an inventory.

After inventory is done you will find the deleted media in the scratch media set.

Run an erase job on the tape which has read/write errors and also perform cleaning of the tape drive.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

First move the media to the retired media set then delete it from the set, peform an inventory.

After inventory is done you will find the deleted media in the scratch media set.

Run an erase job on the tape which has read/write errors and also perform cleaning of the tape drive.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

No need to move any media to media sets manually. Once it is detected by BE and assigned to scratch media, BE will do the assignments as required. If you move a media to a media set, it will inherit the properties of that media set and will be a problem while running the job.

Regards.... 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I guess you are trying to clean your tape drive.  There is no need to define a Cleaning Tape Media set.

If you have a stand-alone tape drive, just insert the cleaning tape.  It will run for a while and then eject when the cleaning is done.  That is it.

If you have a tape library, then insert the cleaning tape into an empty slot.  On the Devices tab, click on the slot and enable it as a cleaning slot.

You then right-click on the library and select Clean.

albertgernade
Level 3

Thanks a lot Amol! Great help. :)

albertgernade
Level 3

Aloha!

Yes your right, I am tryin' to address the error mention above(e00084c7). The thing is, I dont know how and where to start. Definitely my first time. Hope you can help me on how to address the error. 

Thanks,