cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media operation teminated by user

Anders_Eliasson
Level 3
Hi

We have a Backup Exec 12.0 SP3 server that has worked quite fine for som time now. Suddenly, last friday, I got the errormessage "media operation was terminated by the user .....8445HEX for our full backup. The backup job had done 2.8 TB of 3.2 TB total so it was almost done. The errormessage indicates a VRTSwebservice but I don't think that we are using one and I can't fint any directory named VRTS. What can be the problem?

We backup files to disk, not to tape.

Thanks
Anders
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Is this backup directed to a tape device or disk? Check for alerts generated around the time, when the backup failed. You can view the alerts tab and alert history.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Anders,

Take a look here...

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/274516.htm

Anders_Eliasson
Level 3

Hi

I can't find the directory listed anywhere on my server. I don't think this article applies to my problem.

Regards
Anders

Anders_Eliasson
Level 3

Hi

I can't find the directory listed anywhere on my server. I don't think this article applies to my problem.

Regards
Anders

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Is this backup directed to a tape device or disk? Check for alerts generated around the time, when the backup failed. You can view the alerts tab and alert history.

Thanks

Anders_Eliasson
Level 3
Thanks. Seems to be a sql problem after upgrading to sp3. I have rebuilded the index and hopefully it works fine now.

Thanks
Anders