cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Backup Exec 2012 in W2k8 to Backup Exec 2014 V-Ray in W2k12

pargal_sysadmin
Level 2

Hello all

I need migrate  backupexec 2012 on a windows 2008 R2 server to backupexec 2014 v-ray on a windows 2012 server

Is any safe way to do it?

or else how can i migrate the old version backupexec  to the new 2014 in a different server ans OS ?

Thanks .

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Pargal,

Your best bet is to do the following:

1. Upgrade your current installation from BE 2012 to BE 2014...

2. Use the TN below to migrate your installation:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67768

Grab manual copies of the Data/Catalogs folders after stopping the BE services before doing anything. You would also have to recreate your backup jobs, but all your catalog information and job history will be carried across.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

CraigV

...if you follow that TN it will point you in the right direction. I would assume that if those are B2D files located on an internal disk, then you would have to copy them. if they're located on an external disk, NAS, SAN etc, then it's simply a case of connecting the disk or presenting it...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi Pargal,

Your best bet is to do the following:

1. Upgrade your current installation from BE 2012 to BE 2014...

2. Use the TN below to migrate your installation:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67768

Grab manual copies of the Data/Catalogs folders after stopping the BE services before doing anything. You would also have to recreate your backup jobs, but all your catalog information and job history will be carried across.

Thanks!

pargal_sysadmin
Level 2

Hi CraigV, thanks for your response, the last friday i migrate de BE2012 to BE2014 V-ray in the same server(windows 2008) and no problems, i update the agents and the weekend the backups work fine, but now i need to migrate this to a machine with Windows Server 2012 and other name, when i make the migration i copy the Catalogs and Data folder and execute the bemig.exe and the migration is ok, with exception  a local HDD that it where we are doing the backup to disk. I ran the BEUtility and output a text file with the necessary information to migrate the backup exec, but i don´t understand when said "copy the media and device files from the following backup to disk folders:

"BackupToDisk name: Local HDD". I  attachment  the file with the report.-

Sorry, for my bad english and thanks again!!!

CraigV

...if you follow that TN it will point you in the right direction. I would assume that if those are B2D files located on an internal disk, then you would have to copy them. if they're located on an external disk, NAS, SAN etc, then it's simply a case of connecting the disk or presenting it...

Thanks!