cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing "backup to disk" devices and media sets after upgrading media server from 12.5 to 2010

Saltydog
Level 3
I have been upgrading our Backup Exec media servers from 12.5 to 2010. No major problems (other than having to manually upgrade agents) until one server failed to retain device, media and media set information. It still has the job logs, policies, selection lists, etc. This server is the first one I have upgraded that was CASO managed, although the jobs, devices and media sets were locally created. Any suggestions how to get the media, media sets and devices back? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Did you upgrade your CASO before upgrading the Managed Media server ?

Saltydog
Level 3
Yep, and that one is working OK and says communications is OK with the media server. Followed the instructions. I have a backup of the Data and Catalog folders on the media server too.

In fact the CASO server on the devices page lists the devices for the media server correctly, but lists the server itself as "<servername> (discovering devices)". I should probably also point out that the CASO server still lists the media sets and the media correctly. Also I made one mistake on my original post - media sets are CASO managed, and only the jobs and devices were created locally on the media server. Apologies for confusion!

Duane_Bell
Level 2

I have the exact same thing happening. i' upgraded the CASO Server first and am in the process of doing the MMS's.