cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Backup Exec 11d Data Files

Cal_Skin
Level 2

I have a server that has a small C:\, and the data folder is taking up 18 GB of it.  I have totally run out of disk space on the drive.

I have already successfully moved the catalog files (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs) to another drive going through the settings at tools/options/catalog etc., however, the data folder (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data) remains, and is taking up a huge amount of space.

I need to have pretty much infinite retention with this client so I need all the database files to work after the move.

I'm very sorry if this is a repeat post, I looked as hard as I could to find something about the data folder, but I could only find information on the catalog folder.  If I missed something, please point me in the right way.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

If you have already moved the \Catalog folder, about that you can do is uninstall and reinstall to a drive with more free space

Follow the procedure in this TechNote

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67768

How to move Backup Exec from one system to another with the same or different computer names

Cal_Skin
Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  I haven't applied it yet, but I'm sure you're right about this being the only solution as I haven't found anything else stating any different.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

if this has answered your question, please mark it as a solution