cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving BE 2010 Media Server

heinzelrumpel
Level 4

Hi,

unfortunately our Media Server with BE 2010 crashed. Using BESR does not really work, because after restoring during boot a bluescreen appears. I have wasted too much time allready so I decided to setup our new Server with W2k8 R2 and replace the old on with w2k3. How would be best practice to move the BE 2010 media server to this new maschine. If it is possible I would like to keep all tasks and inventory and so on.

Is there a howto describing this procedure?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

heinzelrumpel
Level 4

I am still able to boot the old server. This might be helpful aiding me (;-)

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you have your DATA and CATALOG folders of existing media server, you can get all the existing settings back on new nedia server also.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello

If you are going to install the same version of BE then refer to the below article.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH49757

heinzelrumpel
Level 4

Hi,

thank. I successfully copied the database using this article. Still there is one problem remaining. I have an exchange CPS job which I am not able to delete. There is no error message. On the exchange server I deinstalled cps, but this didn't do any good. The job ist halted for now, but still marked as active. Using cancel does not delete that job. CPS was reinstalled on that new server, despite moving it like I did with Backup Exec 2010 Database.

Is there a way do delete ist manually?

Regards, Heinzelrumpel