cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Job Logs (BEX) to another partition

Yuzurain_Yeob_B
Level 2
Heya,

Not the intro type of person so I'll go right to my issue.

Veritas: Backup Exec v10.0
Installed on: Drive c:\

My issue is, my backup always goes about average 110GB and the logs need to be as detail. Hence my BEX files will go up to 100MB and tested text up to 40MB.

I wish to keep the logs for about 20 - 30 days but when installed on C:\ I couldn't go more than 12 days of logs.

So, anyway to change it from it's current directory which is "C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data" to another drive?
3 REPLIES 3

Stian_Kristense
Level 3
How to move the catalogs in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 for Windows Servers to a different drive:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264680.htm

Stian K

Yuzurain_Yeob_B
Level 2
Not the Catalog eventually. I've moved that a loooooong time ago.

I've stated where the logs are in "C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data".

Catalogs however is in "C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Catalogs" which has already been removed.

The only best way I see is at the Registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Data Path"

Now can I change that? Anyone can verify this? I don't want to screw up.

Thx in advance.

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hello,

You can try the following steps to move the data folder path to an alternate location where you have enough disk space.

1. Stop all Backup Exec Services in Services window.
2. Locate the Data folder for Backup Exec, the default install directory is C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data.
3. Copy the Data Folder to your new location, i.e. D:\Data.
4. Open REGEDT32.

Then here you can browse to the location : HKEY_ LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc where you can enter the alternate data path.

Please write to us if the issue persists.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm