cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple VM Restores in Single Backup Exec 12.5 Job

berwin
Level 3
Partner Accredited
I'm attempting to restore multiple VMs using Backup Exec 12.5 with VMware VCB. I can restore a single VM but I'm unable to restore multiple VMs in a single job because it asks for "New Virtual Machine Name" in the property page under "VMware Redirection". It appears to take only a single VM name. Is there some way to bypass this or enter multiple names to correspond to different VMs begin restored? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Are you restoring it to a different Virtual Centre or same Virtual Centre?

If you are restoring it to the same virtual centre you will  have to create one job for one VM.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/310742
How to restore a VMware Virtual Machines (VM) to a ESX 3.02/3.5 servers using Backup Exec Windows Server (BEWS) 12.5 Agent for VMware Virtual Infrastructure (AVVI).

Hope this helps...

teiva-boy
Level 6
 Do you have to restore to a redirected host?

If you didnt select redirect, I assume it would just go back to the existing vcenter or ESX host?

berwin
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I'm restoring to the same vCenter from which I backed up. If I don't select anything in the Destination: File Redirect or VMware Redirect, I get the following error. I'm thinking even when restoring to the same vCenter its necessary to choose one or the other. Am I still doing something wrong?  Any ideas?

Error:
Job ended: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 4:47:59 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Final error category: Resource Errors