cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple backup jobs for the same server?

OmegaApex
Level 2

We are currently using Symantec Backup Exec 12.5.417.4602 and Continuous Protection Server.  I can create a backup desitnation and choose my drive but when i go into create backup jobs the server doesn't show on my list.  Thinking it was a issue with my external storage device i tried to backup to the d drive\test folder on the server but it does the same thing.

I currently am backing up data on this sever and all is well but we are wanting to create a 2nd backup job to backup additonal data to a external local storage device.  Has anyone else ran into this?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if you're trying to back up to another server, this is probably not possible.

Reason for this would be that you'd need to create a B2D folder on your media server to back up to that.

What you can try doing is \\servername\Share (after creating the share) and seeing if you can select that, but I think backing up to another server is not an option in BE.

OmegaApex
Level 2

It is the same server just a 2nd backup to backup to a local media (USB HD).  I don't think it is still possible but would really like to keep it the same.

CraigV

...in this case create a second B2D folder, and then your second job and direct it to that.

If you feel comfortable with it, you could even target the same B2D folder with the second job.

This would then be possible!

OmegaApex
Level 2

In Continuous Protection:

ok i have done that, created a backup destination called xxxbackup and the path is my usb ext drive n:\backup

then when i go to Backup Jobs, new backup job, select my destination, and when i go to choose my backup selections my server is not on the list.  It is odd that all the rest are but not this one.

CraigV

...and you can see that B2D folder under Devices in BE?

If so, restart the services and see if you can see it atferwards...