cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP provider error

Bettie_Claxton
Level 4

I just upgraded to Backup Exec 2010 R2 on a media server running Windows 2003 and the agent on a remote server also running Windows 2003. All went well and the backups are working well. I then installed the remote administration app on my Windows 7 PC and it works but I get this annoying pop-up error every time I access a server.

The NDMP provider configuration contained errors. Some or all of the providers may not display. Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

What is NDMP? I don't see this error on the 2010 server, only on my workstation. Why? More -- How do I get it to go away?

Of far less importance: the 12.5 remote app told me what server I'm on. Is there a way to get the 2010 remote app to do this?  We have several media servers and this is annoying.

15 REPLIES 15

KenTheITGuy
Level 2

I'm getting the same error.  Have you found a resolution to this?

Thanks,

Ken

Bettie_Claxton
Level 4

Unfortuantely no. But I have noticed that now I'm not getting it when I go to the 2010 BE server, just the 12.5 abd 12.0 ones. Maybe it just does this and will go away when I get all the media/remote servers updated?

Duh! BTW the server name moved to the bottom of the screen. Feel a little dumb here.

tcalvet
Level 3

I get the same thing, and I'm wondering if it could be that the remote admin console I'm running is 64-bit and the media server is 32. Could someone from Symantec please clue us in?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE 2010 cannot be loaded on any flavour of Win7.  You can load your remote console onto a WinXP machine. 

Bettie_Claxton
Level 4

My remote admin is running on 32-bit and I ahve the problem so I doubt it is that yours is 64-bit.

Bettie_Claxton
Level 4

What do you mean "cannot be loaded"? I run it every day on my Win 7 PC.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

@ pkh: The Remote Admin Console of BE 2010 can be loaded on Win 7. The SCL at http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH137682  confirms the same.

Bettie_Claxton
Level 4

I meant that I doubt that your problem is that your system is 64-bit. Sorry for the earleir respinse nto being clear.

JK81
Level 4

I dont know if this is related by any chance to the issue in this post, but the error "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation." is actually a memory usage related error.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890425

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/106167

check if this is of any help!

Regards,

gellerSE
Level 2

I am also getting the same error prompt when running BE 2010 on my XP machine 32 bit. My media server is running Windows 2008 64 bit.

Symantec tech support please help!

Nick_Trifiletti
Not applicable

Same issue.

mspsix
Not applicable

I get the same error.  HELP!

dfosbenner
Level 4

I just replaced the original release of BE 2010 on my Windows 7 PC with BE 2010 R3, and I am now getting the same error.

"The NDMP provider configuration contained errors.  Some or all of the providers may not display.  Not enough storage is available to complete this operation."

Performance Monitor shows 4GB installed, 2GB free. 

It would be nice if Symantec would address this, since it's been a topic since last fall.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I just upgraded my Remote Admin Console on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 system from the 2010 version to the 2010 R3 version.

I then opened the console and logged it into my 2010 R3 Media Server (Windows 2008 x64) with no error pop ups

I am using the Domain Admin/Backup Exec service Account to login to the Windows 7 system and aditionally will not have any special group policies (although might have disabled UAC.)

As it appears to not have a problem on my test system, you may need to actually log a formal support case with us to understand why a problem exists on your specific systems.

Sir_Fang_the_Gr
Level 3
Employee

Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. 

This error is thrown by the Operating System when it cannot grant a memory request.  To learn how to troubleshoot memory allocation issues using the Sysinternals Suite, please watch the following video by Mark himself.

Surgical Solution:

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2010/WCL315

Shotgun Solution:

Or you could just throw more memory at the problem.