cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to disconnect Active Directory from dlo processes

dan_house
Level 2
dlo has been building back up folders for all users in our AD OU. Only a few of these users are supposed to use dlo, the rest either dont need it, or have the RAWS agent installed.

How can I disconnect dlo from AD? I can add the occasional user to dlo, and I dont need all the extra stuff that dlo creates on the server

thanx

dan
4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Not sure exactly what you mean - but DLO typically only creates  user profiles when a user runs the client the first time - so if the user's don't login on a machine that has the client installed (or if they do use DLO installed systems  make sure the client won't start automatically) then the profiles should not get created.

dan_house
Level 2

dlo is somehow tied to AD for our group. When a new user gets created in AD, dlo picks up on that and creates the folder structure on the server for it to replicate to.

Trouble is, only a hand ful of users are using dlo, the rest either dont need to back up or have RAWS to do that.

Just need to break this connection......

JT_T
Level 5
Partner Certified
Hi dan_house,

If i understood correctly, you have "Automated user assignment" configured for your DLO users, that's why all users on your domain will use dlo agent backups if they log on to computer which has dlo agent installed.

If there's only few users who will need to use dlo agent, just remove the automated user assignment. Go to your DLO's management console, Setup, Automated user assignment or something like that, remove it.

If there's allready users who shouldn't use dlo agent, remove/delete them from DLO management console.

dan_house
Level 2

Tried that. While I can delete individual users and computers, still cant break the link that auto creates them

Under the "New Automated User User Assignmment" dialog box

I either have to pick "Assign using Domain and Group"
or
"Assign using Active Directory". Getting rid of that would go along way towards helping clean this up