cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Interface setting in BackupEXEC 11d

Thomas_Ng
Level 3
Hello All,
     Is there a way with BackupEXEC 11d that you can speficy a backup job to use a specific NIC? In version 10d, there was a Network and Firewall setting where you can do that.  Is that feature available in 11d?  Thank you. 
2 REPLIES 2

SRodriguez
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Thomas:

Go to Tools> Options> Network and Security.

Regards,

Sandra Rodriguez
Advanced Technical Support Engineer

HayBaker
Level 3
I see that is where I can specify which network interface to use, but I get an error saying the server cannot be found there, even though I can ping the second interface of every remote computer I need to backup.

The job failed with the following error: The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not exist on the selected subnet. Try an alternative network interface, or allow Backup Exec to choose any available network interface.

I have successfully tested using the IP address instead of the names of the intended servers, but this will require me to recreate all of my backup jobs.  I have DNS configured to associate both IP Addresses with each hostname.  Why can't I just use the hostname and specify which network interface to use, as you have outlined in the original post?