cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network error

Not applicable
today my backup job has finished with this error:
The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost.
After that the server hang up, with tons of errors in the network manager service. Its a file server and no user could access to network resources.

I have checked this error in support, and find something related to TCP 10000 port.

Then i look in services file of each server. I find this in only one server (which los conection with media server)
bnews 10000/tcp

Is it related with this error?
any idea about the cause ?

Thank you in advance
1 REPLY 1

ashwin_pawar
Level 6
This could happen if the PORT 10000 is in use by another application.

On the remote server running Remote Agent for Windows Servers:

1. Open Services from the Control Panel for Windows NT 4.0, or go to Start | Programs | Administrative Tools for Windows 2000 and Windows 2003

2. Stop the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers service

3. Go to Start | Run, and type CMD to display the command prompt window

4. Type netstat -a and press . This will list all the ports that the server is listening on.

5. If there are any entries for port 10000, then this port is in use by another application. Chage the port number of that application to another number.

Incase changing the port number for another application is not an option then you will have to change the port number for remote agent.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255498

Make sure the following:
1) Remote agent service is up and running on the remote server under services applet, it should always be running under services applet.
2) Make sure remote agent build is same as backupexec build.