cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Jobs / Modified jobs

Not applicable
When I try to create a new job or modify an existing job after I press the submit button Veritas terminates and closes. When I reopen Veritas the job is not created or the existing job is not modified
5 REPLIES 5

anoop_nair_2
Level 6
Hi,

This issue could occur due to some kind of corruption in the Backup Exec database. Hence suggest you to perform repair of the Backup Exec database.

Follow the steps below to repair the Backup Exec database:

1. Open BEUTILITY (C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT)

2. Add the Media server a. Right click on All Media Servers and choose "Add Media Server"

3. Right click on the media server and stop the services .

4. In C:\Program Files\VERITAS\BACKUP Exec\NT\Data copy the BEDB_DAT.MDF

5. In BEUTILITY Right click on the media server name and choose "Repair Database"
After completion of Repair Database process, ensure that all the services are started and you can perform an error free backup.

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
All the new job definitions created in Backup Exec v9.1 will give you the option of "Submit" and "Cancel" only and the job will start to run immediately, if "Submit" is selected. This is by design.

However, you may use the option "Submit job on hold" under "Schedule" in backup job properties. This will put the job on hold and the job will not run immediately.

You can then edit the job by going to job setup. Selecting the particular job name in Backup Selection list and clicking the job, right clicking the same, selecting properties and its here you can change or make any modifications. You can then resubmit the job on hold or remove hold for the job to run according to the choice selected, be it run now or according to schedule.

As an additional reference kindly refer the following technote link as well.

Title:- How to create a backup job using selection lists and job templates

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253341.htm

We hope this helps as well.

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
Kindly let us know if the issue still persists.

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
No reply from user.

Shawn_Field
Not applicable
I am also receiveing the same issues as mentioned. I tried to repair the Database as per you instructions and and it has provided no success. Some additional info is:

I am able to restore files. I can erase media. I can eject media. I have applied Backup Exec - Service Pack 2. The problem occurs when I try to submit changes to current backup job or try to submit a new backup job.