cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie guide for Backupexec 2010 & PV 124T Autoloader

aliozaltin
Level 2

Hello,

I am totally new with this two products. I have read many documents but still didnt start the backup job. Please correct me if I am doing something wrongly.

1- I have installed Backupexec2010 and TLP124T Autoloader correctly.

2- I can see TLP at devices tab as IBM and can also see all 16 slots.

3- I have insert all blank tapes to the magazine slots totaly 5 tape i have inserted.

4- I have start the inventory from the software for device.

5- appx 15hours left but its still continue.. is it normal and what's the next step should I do ? Should I create media sets bla bla ??

If you know any guidance about it step by step its better for me..

Thanks everyone for your helps.

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

If the tapes are blank then the inventory should not take more than 10 mins to complete.

I would recommend you to install Symantec drivers for the tape device and Microsoft

drivers for the medium changer. To install symantec drivers run tapeinst.exe its located

at X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner

Hi,

also check if RSM is disabled and stopped

aliozaltin
Level 2

This is the error log which I got

Import Library 00010Job Log for Import Library 00010

Completed status: FailedExpand AllCollapse All
      Job Information
Server name : TRMEDDC01Job name    : Import Library 00010Job log     : C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data\BEX_TRMEDDC01_00050.xmlDevice name : DELL 0001

Utility Job Information
SlotBarcodeMedia LabelStatusDevice12000012L4000012L4Inventory after Import12Incorrect function. IBM 0001

Job Completion Status
Job started     : 07 Ekim 2010 Perşembe 16:24:58Job ended       : 07 Ekim 2010 Perşembe 16:26:15Final error: 0x1 - Incorrect function.
Final error category: Other ErrorsCompleted status: Failed

aliozaltin
Level 2

I changed medium changer to the windows default which is "Unknown Medium Changer" but same problem still continue..

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

If the tapes are already in the library, then you don't need to run an "import" job.

What happens if you run an inventory job on a single occupied slot?  That should only take 2-3 minutes.