cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie to BEX 2012 - Create differential backup

Phu_Nguyen
Level 4

Hi All,

I am new to BEX 2012, can any one show me how to make differential backup ? because when i create a new backup job - Full Backup method is there by default and i can not delete it. Absolutely i don't want to perform full backup on weekday.

Thanks all,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You would have to do a full backup before you can do a differential backup.  If you don't want to do the full backup on week-days.  Click on the Edit button and then change the schedule of the full backup to run during the week-end.  You can then change the job method of the default incremental backup to differential backup and then also change its schedule to run on week-days.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You would have to do a full backup before you can do a differential backup.  If you don't want to do the full backup on week-days.  Click on the Edit button and then change the schedule of the full backup to run during the week-end.  You can then change the job method of the default incremental backup to differential backup and then also change its schedule to run on week-days.

Phu_Nguyen
Level 4

Sorry all, i forgot to explain  a little bit about my backup schedule : i would like to do differential backup from Monday - Thursday and Full backup on every Friday. My first day of backup is Friday which is a full backup. Then Monday - Thursday perform differential backup. So why do i have to do full backup on Monday - Thursday before performing differential backup ?

Thanks,