cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Backup Exec VSS Writer "Deduplication Storage Writer" on BE2012

HNeumann
Level 4

Hello,

today i saw a prob with my Dedupliction Folder.

I can´t backup my DeduplicationFolder because of a missing VSS Writer "backup exec deduplication storage writer". The Job runs with errors, when i list the vss writers there is no entry.

In the selection of my backup job there is no entry for the deduplication store under Shadow Copy Components\User Data.

I don´t know since when the writer is missing because of the Job runs only once every six months...

Any ideas???

Greatings

HN

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi, Restart the server and run: vssadmin list writers. Check to see if this writer is back after the server restart. If not, run a repair of BE and then check again. Thanks!

HNeumann
Level 4
Hi CraigV, i forgot, the Server was of course rebooted..after rebooting no writer at all. I now will apply the latest hotfix an than see.. Happy Easter HN

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you able to see and access the deduplication folder from BE? Are you able to backup data to this folder? If it is all wokring fine then make sure Hotfix 201596 is present. As a work around you could try to reinstall this HF again (don't install only install again), reboot the server and the see if the writer is visible.

If this does not work, I would suggest you to open a support case.

HNeumann
Level 4
Yes the Dedup Store is correctly working. After applying the hotfix i will Report. Thanks