cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No drive shows up in new loader

Dominic_Moore
Level 4
Hi,

I just added a new VXA320 1x10 library to a Windows 2000 server that already has a different 1x10 library installed. The loader shows up but no drive. Is this because the license only supports one drive and if I disconnect the older library the new one will apear? Or do I need to troubleshoot? Can't tell at the moment because I can't reboot the production server.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Dominic,

Usually if it is a license issue you would see the drive but you just wouldn't be able to use it.

First question would be, it is in device manager?  Can you see both tape drives?

If not that would indicate a hardware issue.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Out of the box, BackupExec supports one library with one tape drive.

Adding either another tape drive or a second library will require the addition of an LEO (Library Expansion Option) to access the additional hardware. 

Or you can indeed remove the first library,. then run tapeinst, tell it to remove all devices it can't find and add the new library/tape, and edit your jobs to point to the new hardware if necessary

Dominic_Moore
Level 4
Oops, thanks, looks like I'm half asleep today. It does indeed show up under the device manager but with no driver loaded. I'll try the latest device driver download package.