cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No resources seen after Backup Exec 2010 R2 upgrade to R3.

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello support,

I have an issue with the Backup Exec 2010 R2 I upgraded to R3. It no longer allows me see any resource for backup. I could push the remote agent to the domain controller but not the Exchange server which was possible before the upgrade. The RA push to the exchange server gave error 1603. The issue to push the remote agent was ok after enabling the remote registry service on the Exchange server.

Still I cannot see any resource to select for creating a backup job.

Help! what I'm I doing wrong.

Assistance is required.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KennH
Not applicable
Partner

I had the same problem with browsing resources because the old installation used a Remote Domain Account as the default logon account.

That worked in 11d......

Be sure that your default logon account is a local account on your backupserver - preferably the same account as running Backupexec Management Console. (Network - Logon Accounts)
Switch default logon account, and you will be able to browse again. You can still use a Domainaccount for doing backups.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Issue in creating backup job is only with exchange server or with all the clients?

Are the BE services in media server running?

Is the remote agent service is running in all clients?

Are the clients are publishing to media server properly?

Regards...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Your problem could be a result of the enhanced security in R3.  See this document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH156427

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello phk/Kiran,

Thank you for your responses.

There are two remote clients to the media server at the moment. Both are published to the media server.

The remote agent services are started on all the server media and clients.

I have checked the enhanced security settings and have confirmed that the settings are ok.

But note i cannot see any resource on the job selection page under the view by resource, so i am unable to  expand any node.

i ran a repair of the BEWS 2010 R3 on the media server still it is the same.

This BEWS 2010 R3 is installed on a Microsoft Hyper-V guest with Windows 2008 R2.

Note: I had a BEWS 12.5 in a lab which was also upgraded to R3 and this is ok I can view all the necessary resources. This is installed on a physical Windows 2008 server 32bit.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Can you try adding remote servers under Favorite Resources?

Thanks...

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Kiran,

You seem not to understand what i mean. I cannot see any list as i open up the selection list pane so i do not have any Favorites resources to add into.

See screen below

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Try adding the problem server to the User-Defined section using its IP address.

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hi phk,

did you see the screen shot i added to the previous message? there is no room to add user deined selection list.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  You did not attach any screenshot.

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The error displayed on the right pane is Connection with server failed. hit F5 to retry

i have pasted another one below. i hope you can see it now

i was just checking the error on the forum and i see that many people have had the same problems since 2007.

All the things i need to check for from their troubleshooting is what i have gone through. All the privileges exist for the backup exec account

KennH
Not applicable
Partner

I had the same problem with browsing resources because the old installation used a Remote Domain Account as the default logon account.

That worked in 11d......

Be sure that your default logon account is a local account on your backupserver - preferably the same account as running Backupexec Management Console. (Network - Logon Accounts)
Switch default logon account, and you will be able to browse again. You can still use a Domainaccount for doing backups.

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi kennH,

I really appreciate your response. It really help me discover what was wrong.

The Backup Exec Account which had been created on the domain has all the privileges and local administrative and domain admin profiles.

I had changed the password from my previous install on BE12.5 on a seperate server by just adding one digit to the old password.

When i installed the BE 2010 R2, i used this same password.

I started creating a new account in the Logon Accounts page in the BE console, I wanted to make it a System Account, when it required me to use a password because it was restricted by the previous Logon Account.

I put in the password which I had for the System Account and it was rejected it. I had to use the previous password without the new digit and it accepted it. I changed my mind about making this new account the System Logon Account and made it a restricted account.

I checked the selection list and it was populated. i guess the password was what had an issue.

Thank you all for your support. I really appreciate your responses.