cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not in time window

Maurizio_Salvad
Level 3
I read other threads referring to the to subject of mine but, so far, i didn't find any valid solution.
I have the following installation data:
OS: Windows 2003 server (English - Regional settings: Italian)
Database: MS SQL Server 2000 (English - Default language for user: Italian)
BE9.1 (Installation language: Italian) - Last service pack correctly installed.

I tried ALL SUGGESTIONS reported in your forum without fixing the problem:
After scheduling a new recurring job, the job monitor reports immediately the following job status: "Not in time window". Obviously, the job doesn't work.
In addition, a job scheduled as non recurring ("Run on") works correctly.
The whole scheduling procedure is done correctly, according to all your suggestions BUT THE PROBLEM PERSISTS!
Due to new privacy standard regulations WE NEED TO APPLY SCHEDULED BACKUPS ASAP.

I tried other backup products (i.e.: HP Omniback) but I never found this type of problem.

Thanks in advance
Maurizio
9 REPLIES 9

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Maurizio!

Have you selected the option 'Enable automatic cancellation' in the Tools |
Option |Schedule ?

If this is the case, then for a test purpose deselect it; perform a small test Backup and observe the result.

Are you doing backup to disk or backup to tape?

Please refer to following technote in this context:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/264665

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Maurizio_Salvad
Level 3
I checked your suggestion and I can say that the option is always deselected.

For what concerns the backup support, it is a Tape, but, except for "one time" scheduled jobs, I was not able to use it for recurring scheduled ones due to the issue reported in the subject of the discussion.

As additional information, I completely uninstalled the software from the server just this morning, and I am going to re-install everything: it is the "last beach".

Your help will be kindly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
MaurizioMessage was edited by:
Maurizio Salvadori

Maurizio_Salvad
Level 3
I reinstalled the software starting from the beginning and following the correct procedure without solving the problem.
I use an existing MS SQL 2000 instance.
Are there some problems related to database access rights?

Thanks in advance
Maurizio

Maurizio_Salvad
Level 3
If the info could be useful, I cheched the table BEJobs of BEDB database in SQL server 2000 and, after scheduling a "Not in time window" job, data written in this table are the following:

BEJobName = Backup 00004
Priority = 7
EnableAbortJobThresold = 0
AbortJobThresold = 00.00.00
Enabled = 1
AnchorDate = 06/04/2006 22.00.00
TimeBegin = 00.00.00
TimeEnd = 00.00.00.
TimeStamp =

It is enough strange the value of TimeBegin and TimeEnd. I am sure to have set the correct Time values. Also AnchorDate does not reflect e correct value.

Do you have any idea about this?

Maurizio

Maurizio_Salvad
Level 3
HAS VERITAS BE 9.1 A "BIG BUG" ????????

I installed BE in a testing PC (Win XP) without a SQL server 2000 already running.
Installation created a new MSDE instance.
In this case BE works correctly.

I THINK THAT BE9.1 DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY WITH AN EXISTING INSTANCE OF MSSQL SERVER 2000 !!!!!!!!!

Do you confirm this BUG?

Maurizio_Salvad
Level 3
In addition, the installation of be9.1 that doesn't work is on an Active Directory Domain Controller.

Please, help.
I am going to discontinue Veritas Software.

Best Regards
Maurizio

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

We request you to repair the Backup Exec database from the link below and then verify if the same issue persists.

(title) How to run a Backup Exec database repair when the original Backup Exec database is found to be inconsistent

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Maurizio_Salvad
Level 3
Also this procedure was followed without solving the problem.

I'm going to install BE on a different server without SQL server 200 installed
(WORKAROUND!!!!)

I'm still thinking that the problem resides on date/time conversion done by the user defined procedures installed by veritas BE9.1 on BEDB database.
I checked them and I found that they don't reflect SQL server and Windows 2003 regional settings .........
This could be the main problem.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you installed BE with default msde instance?

Have you got the same error?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.