cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS X agent on different subnet

lemmas
Not applicable
I have the Backup agent installed on OS X.3, which is located on our DMZ. My Backup Exec server is on NT running 9.1.4691. On the same subnet the backup server can see the agent on OS X and also the directories to be backed up. If I move the computer to the DMZ I can only see the computer in the Mac Agents list. I have opened all TCP and UDP ports between OS X and NT on the DMZ. I get timed out trying to access the directories. Any suggestions?

Nick Trenary
Computer Information Systems Analyst
Cedar Rapids Public Library
3 REPLIES 3

anoop_nair_2
Level 6
HI,

Make port 10000 open and available on the Backup Exec media
server as well as on the remote systems. In addition, you must open the dynamic port ranges specified for communications between the media server and remote agents. The firewall must have a static Network Address Translation (NAT) configuration for these
two-way communications to work.

Dhavalrai_Trive
Level 5
Hi ,

For Unix agents you need to open port 6101and port 8192 incomming and outgoing both ways on the firewall for communication.

This will enable the Mac agent advertisements to reach the Media server and display all the exported drives.

You can also check the firewall logs for any blocked traffic.

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
We presume that the step mentioned above has solved your problem. Let us know if the problem still exists and revert back with the error message.