cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause a backup job

bigbigpig
Level 2

I have a backup job that runs over a pool of 2 RDX drives.  A lot of content was added recently to the servers and both disks in the pool are full.  I need to pop in another RDX disk, erase it, then let the job continue on this new RDX disk.  How do I pause the job so that I can create new media?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You cannot do any other operation like erase while a backup job is on-going.  You need to cancel the job, prepare your disks and then continue from there.  Alternatively, if you are not using BE 2012 SP4, then move the backup sets on the third disk to the scratch media set so that they are immediately overwritable.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You cannot do any other operation like erase while a backup job is on-going.  You need to cancel the job, prepare your disks and then continue from there.  Alternatively, if you are not using BE 2012 SP4, then move the backup sets on the third disk to the scratch media set so that they are immediately overwritable.

bigbigpig
Level 2

Aw man that stinks.  Thanks for the answer.  It sure would be nice to pause an active job so I can perform other activities with the storage drives.  It's frustrating to have to cancel this job that took 2 days to get this far when all it needs is fresh media to finish the last 1%.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

An extra point of information - if the backup set that fills your RDX disk is using GRT technology then you cannot span between disks and have to make sure enough space for the GRT set is on one disk. This of course means that any GRT set that won't fit on one empty RDX cartridge will not complete the backup correctly.