cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Pre / Pos command CASO 12.5

Adriano_Ansel1
Level 3
Gentlemen,

I have a CASO named Server1 and I have a MMC named server2.
In the server 1 (CASO) have a library with two devices.
In the server 2 (MMC) have a library with two devices.

The case (server1) is administering the MMC (server2).
The MMC is the CASO as CENTRALIZED.

When I create job in CASO with pre and post commands and indicate to the device from MMC, the pre and post command does not work.

When I create the job in CASO with pre and post command and select the own device, the command works.

Note: My pre and post command is "Bat" and is located in the MMC. EXAMPLE \ \ server2 \ C: \ pre-pos \ test.bat.bat

Help me pls.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adriano_Ansel1
Level 3

I found the problem.

He had the executable Netsvc.exe in CASE.

for that reason the batch was not working.!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Test your batch command in a command prompt on both servers to ensure that it is working before using it as a pre and post command.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

When you configured your CASO, how did you set your catalogs up? Replicated/Managed/Centralised?
If the CASO server doesn't have Centralised management of that server, all it will do is run/stop jobs, and report on them. It will not initiate jobs created on the CASO server for other managed media servers.

Laters!

Adriano_Ansel1
Level 3

The batch were testatas on both servers and they are ok.

Sorry,
but does not understand the idea of CraigV
The catalog of alle MMC are cntralized.
In CASO I can not perform tasks of pre / post comand MMC device?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
OK...if you read the admin guide, it will explain the various types of storage locations for your catalogs. Centralised means everything is stored on your CASO, and is recommended when you have very fast WAN links etc.
The fact that you have your catalogs centralised means you should be able to perform those pre/post commands.
Have you tried to recreate your pre/post commands?

Adriano_Ansel1
Level 3

I tried re-create the commands pre / post but failed.

is worse than difficult.

I can only use pre and post commands directing jobs on devices that are connected to my  CASO

If I create a job in the CASO with pre and post commands and direct the job to accomplish in mediating some of the server device being controlled. the pre and post commands are not enabled.

Help me pls.sad

up

Adriano_Ansel1
Level 3

I found the problem.

He had the executable Netsvc.exe in CASE.

for that reason the batch was not working.!