cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem updating Windows 2008 R2 Agents

vtek63
Level 3
I have some new Windows 2008 R2 servers and I have installed the 12.5 64bit agent. Now i am trying to manually update it so it supports R2, but it keeps erroring out.

The wizard says:

"The wizard was interrupted before Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems could be completely inst..."

Event log error:

"Product: Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems - Update '{DE1FEDF0-3B3D-47D6-B7A3-9AA7D56A0BD9}' could not be installed. Error code 1603. "

It does this with any of the updates i have tried. It also does this on all of my R2 servers.

Has anyone ran into this issue or know of a fix?

Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

Is this via a manual installation locally or push installation?
If it's a push installation, have you tried copying the RAWS installation to those servers, and then running it from there?

Laters!

vtek63
Level 3
this is via a manual install locally

TerryL
Level 2

Make sure all the BE services have stopped.  After the failure check to see if the Device service is still started.  I've seen this happen.  Stopping it and then re-installing seemed to work for me.

Hope this helps...

T.

vtek63
Level 3
i stopped the "backup exec remote agent for windows servers" service and it still did the same thing... are there other services?

Thanks

DominikG
Level 6
Partner Accredited
At first, I assume that you try to install the sp3 .msp file locally on the remoteserver with already installed RAWS64. Right?
Where is the install source for the actual RAWS from? Did you copy it from the BE server or did you take the version of the "naked" BE 12.5 install source? You should install the RAWS with the source files, which reside on your BE server in directory in .../Backup Exec/Agents/RAWS64/.

Copy these files to the remote server and install the RAWS.

Before you run the install or the update, please check some things:

1. check if any msiexec process is running and if so, please end it
2. check if the user account control is activated, and if so, please disable it
3. Is any AV software installed? If yes, please temporarily disable it

Then stop the raws service and run the .msp file again.

best regards

Dominik

vtek63
Level 3
I installed the RAWS from the Backup Exex/Agents/RAWSx64/ directory.

I did all those steps and still the same result.

vtek63
Level 3
Is there an installer for the 12.5 agent that already includes SP3? I've tried everything and still can't get it to install.

DominikG
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Do you use the setupaa.cmd?
If so, just copy the SP3 .msp file into the folder "updates" of your RAWS source files.
Then run setupaa.cmd as administrator.

best regards

Dominik

vtek63
Level 3
I mean with it already built into the installer, not as a separate msp file.

Thats the part that fails to install.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Have you tried uninstalling your old agent and then reinstalling the new one?
What about using the x32 agent instead?