cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with VTL (duplicate or Catalog) Media

Moustafa_Mohamm
Level 4

hello,

when i try to duplicate/catalog backup sets from HP D2D (VTL) to a phusical tape (Robotic Library), I always get the two screen shots attached.

also some time when I try to duplicate the backup sets, I only get some data successful and other are not duplicated (the data on the D2D media is more than 1.3 TB and the duplicated data is only 20 GB !!)

I have CASO server and 3 MMS servers, all D2D libraries and Tape library are shared between them

I have D2D library for Database, Exchange and File server

I'm trying to duplicate backup set from File server library or Exchange library to a physical tape, it always stuck as the attached picture

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...are you perhaps ejecting the tapes from the VTL? Are these tapes shown in your screenshots located on that VTL device?

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Could it be that you have not set your OPP correctly and the tape has been overwritten so the backup set is not complete?

Moustafa_Mohamm
Level 4

I'm not ejecting the tapes and the strange thing that the tapes are existing in its slot while these message appears.

also I'm trying to do catalog of a file server or exchange slots and the screen shot shows the storage is Database !!

I'm confused about that.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

As I said before, if the tape is ovewritten, then the backup set is not complete and BE will prompt you to insert the tape.

Moustafa_Mohamm
Level 4

actually it is a VTL not a physical tape and how could i fix this issue as i tried the catalog of the media but hangs with the warning alert attached ?

and also the VTL media is 1.4 TB and once it is full the backup continues to the next slot

i have many slots in the D2D library still empty so it can't be overwritten

and this problem is not with just one slot, it exists with many slots in two D2D libraries.

and what about the duplicate job is successful with only 20 GB duplicated and the solt size is 1.4 TB !!?