cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with backup exec 2010 R3 SP4 backup fails linux

Nicholasm91
Level 2

Hi all,

I have a problem when im doing the backup after  i updated to service pack 4. I use VMware and i have 7 virtual servers one of them is OS Linux and  the rest is Windows. The windows servers going  fine but when it comes to linux server its failing... and this happend after i updated to 2010 R3 Service pack 4.... when i do a test run its successful.

All Media UsedLTO000002

Error category    : Resource Errors

Error: e0009585 - Unable to open a disk of the virtual machine.

VixDiskLib_Open() reported the error: The host is not licensed for this feature

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-38277

im new with backup exec..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you 

Nicholas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Have you push-installed the RALUS agent to the Linux server or updated it manually?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV

Have you push-installed the RALUS agent to the Linux server or updated it manually?

Thanks!

Nicholasm91
Level 2

Hi CraigV

Is there a way i can see if its push-installed or manually updateded ? 

It wasent me from the start who installed the RALUS.

Thanks

CraigV

You should be able to see this by browing to the server on the media server. However, if you didn't update the RALUS agent after upgrading to the latest BE SP, then it needs to be done as it isn't automatically updated.

Read below on how to do this:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH185802

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
What is the version of ESX that you are using? Check the SCL to make sure it is supported

Nicholasm91
Level 2

When i tryed to update rauls i got the message RALUS is not installed on this system...exiting. 

im using version 5.5

CraigV

So do you do backups via agents or V-Ray? The RALUS agent would be required for agent-level backups of Linux, and if this is how you do it, then you need to install it.

Could explain why backups don't work.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
What is the Linux variant that the VM is using? Make sure it is supported. If you want to restore individual files/folders in the Linux VM and assuming the OS is supported, you need to install RALUS in the VM and you need to back it up like a physical machine. Read the Admin Guide on how to install RALUS If you just want to restore the entire VM, then you don't need to install RALUS in the VM and you back it up by selecting it under the VM host