cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pst is in use by another application. It will be retried.

OLCC
Level 2

Hi.

I'm having issue with .pst backups in Outlook 2007 , all works well in outlook 2003, incremental backups work and also while Outlook is open. But when i installed the agent in a laptop with outlook 2007 no such luck.
In outlook 2007 the agent does not backup the .pst while outlook is open, only after closing it. The incremental backup is not working and when, in the profile properties, i activate the checkbox "Ignore PST files wich has not been configured in Outlook", the agent stops from backing up completely pst files saying they "were skiped because they were not configured in outlook". Outlook is the only mail aplication instaled.

The alert i have is this one:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/276644.htm

I've checked the foruns and found a couple of similar situations but the solutions presented were not sucessefull.
I need a solution for this situation so that symantec Backup Exec can be a viable option to my company.

I'm currently using Backup Exec 12.5 SP2 and up to date.

Thanks,
Oscar

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Have you taken a look at the link above? I've also trawled around, and the error was pointed out to that site.

OLCC
Level 2

The link above is for outlook versions prior to outlook 2003. Outlook 2007 works in corporative mode by default.

I've tried to use the soltution of the link but it just does not apply to outlook 2007.

If Outlook is closed the pst files are uploaded but not incrementaly.