cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing the Library Expasion Option for 11d

WLG63
Level 2

I was wanting to purchase this and ran into a vendor that told me I could not just order the LEO for 11d and that I must purchase the newest version version (12) and then I could purchase the LEO for 12.....they could not sell me the LEO for 11d only....what?!?!!?!.....is this true???....can someone verify this??

TIA!

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Since v12 has been out for so long, most vendors no longer have or sell back-level serials.

You can often find them on the Auction Sites (EBay, CraigsList, etc)  tho.

Good Luck!!

NicholasC
Level 4

Hi WLG63, I am in the Enterprise Customer Care Dept. {a.k.a. "Licensing"}.

Activation keys for Backup Exec are inherently backwards compatible one version. Thus, a new purchase of a LEO license under Backup Exec 12, will work with version 11D.

Also, you can call into Customer Care {800-721-3934} and we can provide a downgrade key for the LEO specifically on version 11D.

I would strongly recommend purchasing a support contract for the LEO as that would entitle you for calling into Technical Support and also eligibility for future version upgrades.

Part numbers for purchasing previous versions, in this case 11D, are active for a specified time after the release of the new version, in this case 12.0.

I do believe that period has passed in regards to part numbers for Backup Exec 11D. Your reseller can call Channel Inside Sales to confirm if the part numbers for version 11D are still active or not.