cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push install of Agent leaves emtpy shares behind?

banjo
Level 4
Ok so I have been having some problems with pushing out remote agents (attempting to update the old ones) which I have resolved by removing old .MSP files from the updates directory of the agents. It's ridiculous that Symantec leaves these files there when all you need is the last service pack .MSP and any .MSP that is newer than that. So removing the old ones fixed up some remote installation issues as it now dosn't try to push out all the updates which came before the service pack when the service pack in it's self is a rollup of them all anyway. So anyone having problems with installing remote agents should give that a try.

Anyway, on all the servers I push an agent out to, shared folders get left that look like "BEW-7EBB47C305C84302A290C059BAD8CD0D", the number is always random and the folder is always empty. The comment on the share is "BEWPush Temporary Directory". I would have thought that these get deleted at the end of the push but they are not? and there is no error with the push install, they finish clean? Anyone else experiencing this? It is a pain to manually delete them.

Cheers,
banjo
3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I had this problem once.  I unshare the directory and delete it.  The next push did not leave any empty directory behind.

banjo
Level 4
Every push leaves a directory behind, doesn't matter if the server is 2003 or 2008?

banjo
Level 4

Any one?