cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push install of agent doesn't enable publishing

Ortho_Lawton
Level 5
When I push out agents from the BE 12 console to remote machines I select the option to enable publishing and enter the name of the backup server to publish to.
However when I then go to the server I've just pushed the agent to and open the Remote Agent utility publishing is turned on but there's no servers listed to publish to?

How can I push out agents from the console and have them correctly publish to the backup server. There isn't much point me pushing agents out remotely if I have to log on to every server and set up publishing again.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

jtatum
Level 4
Employee Certified
Hi Ortho,

I'm having trouble reproducing this on my test machines.  Are you upgrading the RAWS to 12?  If so, what previous version was installed?  Was AOFO installed?  If there was a previous version, what were the publishing settings?  What options are you selecting in 12?  Are you publishing to multiple servers?

Ortho_Lawton
Level 5
Hi, thanks for helping
The main server was upgraded from BE 11.1 to BE 12 the problem seems to happen whether there's an existing 11 agent installed or a clean agent installed and also for single or multiple servers.

I select the remote computer to install the agent on then select "Remoet Agent for windows systems" and click Finish.
Then I'm prompted to enable publishing and I've got the checkbox and servername filled in.
I let the remote install run throgh and finish then I log onto the server I just installed the agent on and check the agent utility.
the settings are initially greyed out with "Enable the Remote Agent to publish information to the media servers in the list" checked, published names for this server filled in and publishing interval fileld in. However the media servers list is blank.
I can click on change settings and manually enter the media servers.

Also if I look in the registry the "Agent Directory List" entry is empty until I manually add media servers