cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantum ADIC i2000 Scalar

TorrenceS
Level 3

I am having trouble with duplicate jobs running disk to tape. I have five jobs scheduled that use to all run without any issues. Now when the duplicate jobs run as scheduled only one tape drive is accessible at a time. I have removed and reinstalled the licenes per Symantec support. It has not corrected the issue. If I create multiple disk to tape jobs from scratch it works.

Why would my policy created duplicate jobs stop working?

The error I see is below however I do not see any errors on my hardware.

Robotic library destination element full error.

The robotic library has reported a destination element full error condition. This is typically caused by trying to mount media into a drive that already contains media. The drive state has been set to offline. Please attend to this condition.

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Torrence,

First thing I would do is to run a repair of the DB using BEutility.exe. Do that, and post the results.

Thanks!

Digitalpiccasso
Level 3
Accredited Certified

Hi Torrence,

Check if there is a tape stuck in any of the tape drives. If not then perform a power cycle ie. Turn off the library - shut down the server - Power on the Library - After the library has finished initializing the power on the server and check if that resolves the issue.

Thank!

TorrenceS
Level 3

There are no tapes stuck in the library. We tried rebooting the library and the servers. What are the ramifications of reparing the DB? I will say that if I create jobs from scratch and backup to tape I can do multiple jobs to tape but existing jobs that go to tape of the five jobs scheduled only one goes to tape and the others queue.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Well, there is always the chance something can go wrong, but with BEutility, it basically just checks for any errors with the DB, and then fixes them. It won't delete any data, or wipe the DB unless you specify that option. The repair is simply that...I have run it more times than I can count and never lost data.

TorrenceS
Level 3

I will try the repair utility and advise.