cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantum TR-S34BX-BF for BE10...not detecting...

cchildress
Level 2
I am not able to make BE10 detect or configure the SDLT600 drive we recently purchased. The model of the drive is TR-S34BX-BF. I have disabled the device in Removable storage and installed the latest tape library drivers by Veritas. The device is detected in Windows and during Boot with other SCSI devices. No issues with Windows detecting the device. BE10 will not add it to the devices list and will mention that there are no devices ready to add.

Platform is Windows 2000 + SP4, RAID 5 array and SCSI attached SDLT600 drive. Veritas driver pack "275676" in use.
5 REPLIES 5

Aalok_Pathak_2
Level 6
As a preliminary step, ensure that the tape device you are
using is explicitly tested with the Backup Exec for
Windows server v10.0.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/274347.htm

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/274348.htm

Note:If backup device does not exist in the HCL then
VERITAS does not guarantee the functionality of the
backup device. It may or may not function as expected.
You may like try using OEM drivers for the tape device.

-- The location for an autoloader and/or tape drive that are multi-ID based should be configured with the target ID for the loader(if applicable) lower than the target ID for the tape drive, avoiding 0 or 1 as these are generally reserved for boot devices (that is: changer = 2, tape =3)

--Run the Tapeinst utility and select the option "uninstall and remove all veritas device drivers from your system".

--After finishing the VERITAS Device Driver wizard reboot the server.

-- Once again run the tapeinst utility and select the option "Use VERITAS tape drivers for all the tape devices "

--After finishing the VERITAS Device Driver wizard reboot the server .

Perform the above mentioned guidelines and verify the result.

Vidyaj__Patneka
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly update us on the issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.

cchildress
Level 2
I have uninstalled the driver but I can't restart until this evening without severly affecting some of our users. The Quantum SDLT600 is listed as tested but I don't see that specific enclosure listed. I will reinstall Veritas drivers after a reboot.
Thanks!

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please update us on the status of this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.