cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick: Change Journal Service is not Running

Mike_Egli
Level 2
DLP Desktop Agent running against 10.X Windows Backup Exec Server on one PC is popping up with an error that says:

Failed to start job engine.

The change journal service is not running. (Server_Name)

--------------

However, if I click 'Ok' , the application seems to be backing up my files fine, and I can even restore files.

Any idea what I ned to start to make this error go away? I'm assuming this refers to the Change Journal NTFS hook that allows the application to easily detect file changes? If that is not running, I'm assuming the application's accuracy will not be very high?

Any help is appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2

Mike_Egli
Level 2
From the research I just did, it looks like the Change Journal is a catalogue or database or all transactions done in the file system. Also, the Change Journal is run on a per instance, so when an application requests that it intervenes and is used to search for particular things, it will start on demand. Obviously, the DLO Agent is unable to start it so I either have a problem on this machine or there is something wrong with our version of the DLO Agent.
I started the MS Indexing Service (since it uses the Change Journal) which is working fine in itself, which would indicate that the DLO Agent should be working as well. However, it still generates the same error when restarting it.

Any suggestions?

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Kindly refer the following Document:

The following error message is generated while starting the DLO Agent: "The Change Journal is not running. Start the Change Journal service and click Retry, or click Cancel to continue without using the Change Journal."

http://support.veritas.com/docs/273493

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.