cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAWS client version number inconsistent after patching.

JRV
Level 4
RAWS 12.5 SP2 + all hotfixes, 13 RAWS clients, 1 media server.

Currently, the RAWS version number reported by RAWS and BEWS should be 12.5.2213.138. All our machines are patched to this level.

5 machines report the correct version. But I have 2 RAWS machines patched to this level that report 12.5.2213.133, and 6 that report 12.5.2213.0. The Application Logs on these machines show the patches installed successfully, all machines have been rebooted since patching, no problems during patching (once I figured out a UAC issue on WS2008) and backups are running successfully.

I've not been able to deduce a commonality among the failed machines.

A bug?
3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Are you performing a local install or push install of the remote agent ? If you are performing the local isntall make sure you copy the update raws32 and rawsx64 folder to the remote machine .....

JRV
Level 4
Well, you're right. I didn't copy the install folder...MSIEXEC and (properly designed) MSIs, MSTs and MSPs are all perfectly happy to be run from a remote share. Indeed, a local copy is made automatically by MSIEXEC. The RAWS installs that report .138 were all from the same share as the ones that report .133 and .0. That said--

I just copied the folder to C: on a problem machine and tried it again. Version number remains .133

JRV
Level 4

Uninstalled RAWS on a .138 machine that was reporting .133, rebooted, installed RAWS RTM interactively, and then patched to .138, installing and patching from a remote share (not a local copy) using the same batch file I used yesterday. After I was done, the machine reported v12.5.2213.138.

So at least I suspect I have a workaround--I'll just need to repeat 5 more times.

Would love to know what happened, but suspect I never will.