cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Restore Issue

Adam_Frederick
Level 3
Hello;

I'm currently having issues restoring Exchange items (something simple as 1 or 2 emails).

The problem I'm running into is that it's spooling the local backup exec server (12.5) hard drive to the point that it's full.

It has never done this in the past restores so that's why I'm afraid a switch or setting has changed.  Has anyone else run across this?

In the restore job I choose to restore directly to the Exchange server (Exchange 2003 Enterprise).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Adam
4 REPLIES 4

Mandar
Level 3
Employee
Hi Adam

backup exec has introduced a new feature called GRT (Granular restore technology) where full information store is backed up however while restoring you can restore single email.

If this backup is going to tape then while restoring it requires staging (temporarily stage exchange on disk to extract emails)

thats why you may see the disk space in use default staging location is c:\temp you can change it in restore job properties advanded tab

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Its not a issue . It is by design . AS when performing the backup the data get backup inthe native format ie edb stm .. The information is written serial on the tape so it cannot extract  the single email from the tape so it need to stage the store to the temp location .
As mandar said you can change the location for staging from Restroe job properties | advance tab

Adam_Frederick
Level 3
Thanks for your replies!!

Does this have to be a local drive or can it be a UNC path, mapped drive?

Thanks again!!
Adam

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

It has to be local NTFS volume