cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover CAS server quickly?

Matt34
Level 4
I have one CAS (CASO) server in my environment.  I am going to start testing recovery of our environment.  Is there a best practice to get the CAS server up and running quickly?  The current method we have is build the server then re catalog everything.  Is there a faster way than having to re-catalog all the tapes?

We do have SR, but that would have to kick off every morning after all backups have been completed.  Then it would go onto a tape...so then you still have to build the server catalog that tape then Recover the server.  There has to be a better way.  I guess if I could get the SR image to a flash drive or some other place that would help.  Then you have the problem of protecting it in case of a disaster.

Any help would be great!
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Standard media server Disaster Recovery is not specifically address in this Tech Note, but you  should be able to adapt it

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/319367.htm

Matt34
Level 4
Would using a Flash Drive to back up the SR files daily of the CASO and DC work well?  That way I would have drive that most boxes can read and should be able to bring up the CASO in an hour or two with all catalogs.  Does that sound like it would work...or is it flawed?