cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstall after applaying a hotfix or not?

Anders_Torvesti
Level 3
Hi,

I have applied the hotfix 10.0.5484 Hotfix 8 - Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO) (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/274927.htm) and wonder if I need to reinstall the clients to get the hotfix to get to the clients or does it applies in some automatic way?

I have recieved no answer on this issue...

Regards AndersMessage was edited by:
Anders Torvestig
2 REPLIES 2

rob_maz
Level 2
yes you do have to re-deploy, veritas also recommend creating new user profiles??!! But follow the steps below and you should be right....

DLO Desktop Agents

After installing the hotfix, the desktop agent must be upgraded to take advantage of the new features in this hotfix (although it will continue to function if it is not upgraded).

To upgrade the desktop agent on the desktop computer:
1. Exit the desktop agent, if it is running
2. Browse to the network server where the installation files for the desktop agent are stored. The default location is \\\DLOAgent.
3. Run Setup.exe

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

As mentioned in the earlier post and in the technote please upgrade the desktop agents:

DLO Desktop Agents

After installing the hotfix, the desktop agent must be upgraded to take advantage of the new features in this hotfix (although it will continue to function if it is not upgraded).

To upgrade the desktop agent on the desktop computer:
1. Exit the desktop agent, if it is running
2. Browse to the network server where the installation files for the desktop agent are stored. The default location is \\\DLOAgent.
3. Run Setup.exe

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.