cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Administration Trial Mode

nimrod2501
Level 4

Dear Experts,

I installed the Remote Administration client in one of our PC's, after successfully installing the software and then running it, it shows that the Remote Administration client is in Trial Version.

What could be the cause of this? our backup exec 2010 R2 is a licensed version and everything is working fine.

best regards,

15 REPLIES 15

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello

Simply reinstall the remote admin console.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I guess it would show up as trail version untill you connect to your media server .

nimrod2501
Level 4

actually we have a license for backupexec 2010, and we installed the fresh installation of R2. The installation accepts the license, and the installation was successful.

I want to know if there are some licensing issues? 

FYI the remote administration is connected to media server.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

you dont need license for the remote admin console http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH45797

nimrod2501
Level 4

yes I read about this already before that it doesn't need a license.

My question is that why it still says "trial version" even though its successfully connected to the media server?

Is it because I used my license for BE 2010 for BE 2010 R2?

Note that I made a fresh installation of BE 2010 R2, its not an upgrade.

We purchased license for BE 2010 only, then I used this fr R2

nimrod2501
Level 4

anyone please?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Do you have any agent or option installed in evalaution ... YOu can check that by gogin to help--about backup exec --License information .?

Incase if you have any options installed in evalution that might result into issue which you have ..

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello

I installed the Remote admin console and I got the same message (Trial mode).

When i connected to the media server with the BE service account, trial mode vanished.

nimrod2501
Level 4

I already logged in to the Media Server but still the splash screen still shows Trial version.

One thing i noticed was, every time I started the remote administration it always give the prompt for username and password.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Are you loggeg in to the machine with the same Credentails which you are using to connect to the Backup exec console ... ? Does it it behave the same when you logged in to the system with the same credentail .?

The account used to connect to the media server is it  a restricted account ??

nimrod2501
Level 4

im using the same username and password that has the same credentials as the Media Server.

I saw in the license information that there are two trial license. one id for Macintosh remote agent and the other one is for Linux remote agent. Is it because of these?

Or can I remove this so that the trial mode will vanish?

thanks a lot!

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Are you backing up any linux or MAC system. Try uninstalling it .. Go to tools --License key and options and run the wizrd and uncheck the linux and MAC option ...

nimrod2501
Level 4

it is not checked, I already checked this one.

I did not check this during the installation, But i double checked it and Its not ticked.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

What happend if you install the Remote admin console on a different system ,does it still show as evauation?