cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Connection Cannot be established

ayhamkakish89
Level 3

Hello

i have BE Exec 2014 and the remote server is windows server 2008, the trust relation ship is lost, but i`m not able to re-build it, i tried to re-install the remote agent, remove the servers from the server lists but we are still not able to establish the trust/connection

1. i tried to right click on the server - establish trust - i got attachement 1

2. Even i tried to do that in reverse wat from the remote server itself by adding the BE sever to the publishing information in remote agent utility, but i got the attachement 2

your help will be highly appreciated

Regards,
Ayham kakish

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Check the following 1) on the remote server, check that the remote agent service is running. Also check the Windows Eventlog for any remote agent service failures. 2) open the remote agent utility and make sure that it is publishing correctly to the media server 3) make sure that you can ping from the media server to the remote server and vice-versa 4) make sure that there is no firewall blocking port 10000 5) on the remote server, check that there are no other applications using port 10000.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

A couple of things to check:

1. Make sure any firewall running is either disabled, or if required, that port 10000 is open. On any server firewall.

2. Make sure that any antivirus installed isn't perhaps blocking the beremote.exe service. Put in an exclusion for this.

3. Remove the certificate as shown in the 2nd screenshot and then re-add it.

Thanks!

ayhamkakish89
Level 3

hello, the port is open i'm able to telnet between them,

how to remove the certificate ?

also when i click on "establish trust" i'm getting error as in the attached

thanks for your help

Best Regards

pkh
   VIP    Certified

See this document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH196158

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The error seems to point towards permissions. Do verify that the BE account has the necessary permissions as per https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH23689.html

ayhamkakish89
Level 3

Hello

i have checked and found the group policy is applied, but we are still having the same error, the backup server cannot discover the resource of the remote agent ?

How to check that we have a full connectiviry ?

Thanks ALL

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...is DNS working? Have you tried to resolve IP address/name to, and from, that server?

Thanks!