cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Installation Problems

jdenzo
Not applicable
I have 2 separate issues:

1.  Error connecting to remote registry on \\SERVER.  Ensure that the current logged in account is not blocked from accessing the remote registry and that the remote registry is available before trying again.

I verified the that the remote registry service is started.
==============================================================================

2. Attempt to connect to server \\SERVER failed with the following errors.  Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than on user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.

Message Edited by jdenzo on 04-22-2008 09:31 AM
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
1)  Can't help you here

2)  Logon to the media Server as the BackupExec service account to push the Remote Agent
     or
      Disconnect from all Printers/Shares on the remote computer before trying the push

If all else fails, as long as you have the serial installed on the media server,  you can do a local "silent" install on the remote machines.   See http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/258982.htm

Raven
Level 3

jdenzo wrote:
I have 2 separate issues:

1.  Error connecting to remote registry on \\SERVER.  Ensure that the current logged in account is not blocked from accessing the remote registry and that the remote registry is available before trying again.

I verified the that the remote registry service is started.

I had the same problem, my issue was solved by adding the media-server to the same domain as the client and log on to the same backup-account at this domain on the media server before trying to push-install the agent. Hard to guess ;)

James_Poole
Level 3
You can verify whether or not you have access to the remote registry by running regedit, and then selecting "Connect Network Registry".

If you can't connect, then the application won't be able to either.

bminerly
Level 2
 In my case, I CAN connect to the network registry of the remote server from the media server, but still cannot install the remote agent.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Have you tried a local/silent install on the problem server?

I know it's  a work around, but you nee to get your backups working, right?

See http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/258982.htm