cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent for Linux install issues

dls
Level 2
I'm using RALUSCD-1364.9.SPO to obtain the remote agent for Linux.  The perl binary is zero bytes which makes the installralus/instalalralus.pl fail silently.  I attempted to use linux system perl, RHEL 5 with the following results.

Can't load '/root/Install/BKEXEC/perl/Linux/lib/5.8.8/auto/Encode/Encode.so' for module Encode: /root/Install/BK
EXEC/perl/Linux/lib/5.8.8/auto/Encode/Encode.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 at /root/Install/BKEXEC/perl/Linux/
lib/5.8.8/XSLoader.pm line 64.
 at /root/Install/BKEXEC/perl/Linux/lib/5.8.8/Encode.pm line 10
Compilation failed in require at /root/Install/BKEXEC/VxIF/Utils.pm line 25.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /root/Install/BKEXEC/VxIF/Utils.pm line 25.
Compilation failed in require at /root/Install/BKEXEC/VxIF/Interface/Utils/Config.pm line 22.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /root/Install/BKEXEC/VxIF/Interface/Utils/Config.pm line 22.
Compilation failed in require at /root/Install/BKEXEC/VxIF/Interface/Generic/ConfigInfo.pm line 28.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /root/Install/BKEXEC/VxIF/Interface/Generic/ConfigInfo.pm line 28.
Compilation failed in require at /root/Install/BKEXEC/VxIF/Interface/Generic/InstallerInfo.pm line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /root/Install/BKEXEC/VxIF/Interface/Generic/InstallerInfo.pm line 24.
Compilation failed in require at /root/Install/BKEXEC/VxIF/Interface/Generic/ClassFactory.pm line 22.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /root/Install/BKEXEC/VxIF/Interface/Generic/ClassFactory.pm line 22.
Compilation failed in require at /root/Install/BKEXEC/VxIF/Interface/Classic/ClassFactory.pm line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /root/Install/BKEXEC/VxIF/Interface/Classic/ClassFactory.pm line 4.
Compilation failed in require at /root/Install/BKEXEC/installralus.pl line 18.
How do I get a copy of the perl binary that should have been on the cd?

1 REPLY 1

jtatum
Level 4
Employee Certified
Perl being 0 bytes is a pretty common problem that occurs when you try to extract a .tar file on Windows.  The symbolic links don't come back properly.  Use tar on the Unix/Linux machine to extract the files.