cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent is stopped after backing up files with 2 errors in event viewer

erik_bakker
Not applicable
The Remote Agent is stopped after backup up files. The event viewer Windows Application has 2 errors:

1. The job failed with the following error: A communications failure has occurred.
2. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
.NET Runtime version : 2.0.50727.4927 - Application ErrorApplication has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process ID=0x1928 (6440), Thread ID=0x1a8 (424).
Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.
the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table
The description for Event ID 0 from source .NET Runtime cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

First the .net error comes up and after a few seconds the remote agent will stop and backup exec event has error ID 34113.

Backing up the exchange database runs fine. Only backing up files is a problem. I have verified .net framework with the verification tool and its ok.

What to do now?

Specs:

Windows Server 2008 R2
Backup Exec 2010
Exchange 2010
6 REPLIES 6

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner
Hi erik,
How do you run your jobs?
Do you run same job to backup files and exchange or one job for files and another to exchange?
Try to create again the jobs,

Regards,

JoaoMatos

morbificagent
Not applicable
Hi erik,

we have the same problem here. Its

Windows Server 2008 R2
Backup Exec 2010
Exchange 2010

too.

I have created two jobs. One for the files and one for the systemstate and exchange.
The systemstate and Exchange backup is running correctly but during the file-backup the beagent crashes with the same messages that you posted.

Have you solved your problem?

Larry_A__Shaibl
Level 2
Same exact environment and problem. Did you ever find the solution of fix?

Thanks,

Larry

CompletelyCluel
Not applicable
Partner
Same environment as well with the same problem.  I tried a number of things which I will include, but I think the fix was from something seemingly very unrelated.  Before the .NET Runtime event and the BE Remote Agent crashing I noticed that there was an MSExchange Configuration Cmdlet - Management Shell event that was failing.

The details were "RBAC authorization returns Access Denied for user. Reason: No role assignments associated with the specified user were found on Domain Controller xxxxxx.domain.local"

Check to see whether your Backup Exec account has a mailbox.  This goes against all logic since the IS backups on my system were working perfectly and I was only receiving failures when backing up the disks.  In my case, I had forgotten to create a 2010 Exchange mailbox for my Backup Exec account.  Once created, the backups ran without any problems.

Hooray!

Note:  To check whether the backup account has the proper role assignments you can run the following from the 2010 Exchange Powershell.

Get-Mailbox {username} | ft name,roleassignmentpolicy 

To change it if it is not set run

Get-Mailbox {username} | Set-Mailbox –RoleAssignmentPolicy “Default Role Assignment Policy” 

I will be curious to see if this solves the problem for anyone else.  I also ran

"sfc /scannow"
"%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ngen.exe update"
"%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\ngen.exe update"

But I was still having problems and it doesn't appear that the problem is .NET related and the above commands didn't fix the problem for me.  Only after creating a 2010 mailbox for the Backup Exec user did the problems go away.

Good luck!

Larry_A__Shaibl
Level 2
Scenario :

When RAWS on the EXC Server (Remote Server) - is running as Local System Account - is able to Backup only the MS Exchange DB.
But when the RAWS on the EXC Server - is running as Backup Exec Service Account - is able to Backup the C drive and the D drive but not the MS Exchange DB.

Troubleshooting :

1. Checked the properties of the Backup job its setup fine.
2. Ran Liveupdate - applied the Hotfix 344584 - just release the day I called Symantec
3. Pushed the Remote Agent - on the Exchange Server.

Now local drive and MS Exchange DB backup fine.

However, when we do a complete MS Exchange DB restore - Outlook profiles (cache mode only) needs to be recreated to receive new mail and Outlook.exe /resetfolders did not work

Larry_A__Shaibl
Level 2
Scenario :

When RAWS on the EXC Server (Remote Server) - is running as Local System Account - is able to Backup only the MS Exchange DB.
But when the RAWS on the EXC Server - is running as Backup Exec Service Account - is able to Backup the C drive and the D drive but not the MS Exchange DB.

Troubleshooting :

1. Checked the properties of the Backup job its setup fine.
2. Ran Liveupdate - applied the Hotfix 344584 - just release the day I called Symantec
3. Pushed the Remote Agent - on the Exchange Server.

Now local drive and MS Exchange DB backup fine.

However, when we do a complete MS Exchange DB restore - Outlook profiles (cache mode only) needs to be recreated to receive new mail and Outlook.exe /resetfolders did not work